When beginning your home buying journey in Western North Carolina or Upstate South Carolina, there are many things to consider. Whether you are looking for a place to start your homestead or coral your horses, that perfect downtown condo, family starter home, a home to retire in, or your scenic mountain vacation home, our team at Noble & Company Realty is dedicated from the first step to the last. We are here to help navigate the process and take the worry out of the complicated decisions.
1. Find the right Realtor - There are many things a Broker or Agent does for you. Our team will guide you through the complexities of:
- Agreements and deposits
- Title Holdings
- Closing Attorneys and Escrow
- Appraisals and Lending - we have lenders we work with and will keep you and your lender on track with your timeline.
- Homeowner's Insurance and Associations - we know the ins and outs and can help you get the best premiums.
Your Buyer's Agent will be your right arm through the entire buying process. Do you speak the same language? Take some time to get to know us. An important part of our work is getting to know you! The more we know about you and your wants and needs, the more we can narrow in on your perfect property. When you get to know us, you'll come to understand that we are always available for your questions. We get things done on time. We are familiar with all of Asheville and its surrounding areas as well as The Upstate of South Carolina. Always on your side during the complex work of this big step in your life.
- Pre-approval will give you an idea of what you have to spend, how much your payment will be, and how much you have to set aside for maintenance and upgrades that will make your home just the way you like it.
- Get your paperwork in order: you'll need the past two years of tax returns, current pay stubs, bank statements for the past three months, and copies of any lease or rental agreements.
- Using money from 401k or Trusts can take some time to become available, so you'll want to start that process early.
- Once you start the process, remember to keep your finances stable to cut down on any reissuing of already processed paperwork.
3. Make Lists of your wants - Divulge everything to your Realtor. What is most important to you?
- What are your favorite areas? If you don't know much outside of Asheville, how important is proximity? How important is your work commute?
- What do you want from your neighborhood? Acreage? A tight community feel? An association? Do you want an established neighborhood or something brand new?
- Think about what style of home you like. Are you a lover of farm-houses? Is 70's Ranch your style? Cape Cod or Craftsman? Contemporary or Colonial? We have them all!
- Write it all down, pick your top 10 must-haves and let's get rolling!
4. Start touring homes - Whether you choose to tour properties in person or virtually, we will guide you through what to look for. We have the experience and expertise to explore what makes up your potential home's health. We will help you navigate neighborhoods and the ins and outs of Asheville and its surrounding communities as well as The Upstate and its communities.
- Keep your list and bring it along-you may change your mind or find that you want to move your priorities around.
- We will provide all the documentation you need as we tour the homes, and you will want to take notes on each property. We think this is an important step, as you can get swept up in the day and the fun of house hunting.
- Have fun! This is the good stuff. We want to help you discover your dream, and this is where it all happens.
5. Make an offer - When you have found that perfect home or property, it's time to put in an offer. We will perform a market analysis and show you the comparisons to other homes in the area to help you make the most informed and reasonable offer. We can also help you draft a letter to the property owner in conjunction with your offer. At this time, we will help you navigate:
- Closing Dates
- Earnest Money
6. Your offer is accepted; now it's time for an inspection - We will guide you to a trustworthy inspector, and we will be there when the inspection takes place. If any issues arise, we will re-open the negotiations and guide you through the steps to get the best outcome for you. Our connections in the community will bring to the table skilled craftsmen, landscapers, and designers for your necessary repairs or desired upgrades.
7. Secure your loan - We will help you navigate the process with your lender, guide you through the insurance process, gather appraisal information, and move you swiftly and worry-free through the process.
8. Closing Day - We have several attorneys we work with - experience tells us which ones work fastest and most efficiently to bring you to the closing table. We will provide you with all the documents to sign or alert you of what to expect to come your way from the attorney. Most paperwork is signed digitally these days, and we know how to keep the ball rolling and the process smooth. We will do a final walk-through of the property before the final paperwork is signed and getting the keys to your new home.
9. Move In - We aren't leaving you yet! We pride ourselves on building relationships with our clients. We are here to help remind you of the little things you'll need on moving day, and we want to see you in that new home.
10. RELAX AND ENJOY- You just took on one of life's biggest hurdles. You can relax, sit back and smile because the team at Noble & Company Realty just made that hurdle feel like another day in the mountains!
Thinking of moving to Asheville or one of its surrounding communities? Or moving to The Upstate of South Carolina?
We’d love to help you buy or build a home in the mountains or lakes of Western North Carolina or Upstate South Carolina! Contact Noble & Company Realty to let us know you’re considering a move and we’ll let you know about new listings that fit your criteria whenever they become available. You can also view the current listings in the neighborhood, and sign up for new listing alerts to stay in the loop.